Australian Securities and Investments Commission
ASIC or Australian Securities and Investments Commission is Australia’s integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC is an independent Australian Government body. They administer the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (ASIC Act), and carry out most of our work under the Corporations Act.
The role ASIC play in the Australian financial sector is to:
- Maintain, facilitate and improve the performance of the financial system and entities within it
- Promote confident and informed participation by investors and consumers in the financial system
- Administer the law effectively and with minimal procedural requirements
- Receive, process and store, efficiently and quickly, information ASIC receive
- Make information about companies and other bodies available to the public as soon as practicable
- Take whatever action they can, and necessary, to enforce and give effect to the law
Official ASIC website: https://asic.gov.au/
ASIC Twitter account: https://twitter.com/asicmedia