AvaTrade: The Definitive Review
Our comprehensive AvaTrade review will explore this broker in detail, reviewed by real traders, to give you full insight into this broker and our own verdict on what it’s like trading with AvaTrade in 2021.
AvaTrade is one of the largest online forex brokerage firms in the world and has been a forex broker since 2006. AvaTrade has regulation across 6 jurisdictions and offers services to over 140 countries as a global leader in forex trading.
But does being regulated by so many financial authorities matter to you? More importantly, is AvaTrade the right broker for you?
Let’s find out:
|💰 Maximum Leverage:||400:1|
|💳 Minimum Deposit:||$100 USD|
|💹 Instruments:||CFDs, Forex, Stocks, Crypto|
|💻 Trading Platforms:||MT4, MT5, WebTrader, Mobile|
|📊 Allows Hedging:||Yes|
|⏱ Allows Scalping:||Yes|
|🎟 Demo Account:||Yes, $100,000 USD in virtual funds|
|🇺🇸 Accepts US Clients:||No|
|🏢 Headquarters:||Dublin, Ireland|
|🏛 Regulation:||ASIC, BVI, CySec, FSA, FSP, MiFID II|
With a trading ethos based on core values like integrity and fairness, AvaTrade is an established international Forex broker that provides trading services in over 20 languages and aims to serve a broad range of traders, from beginners, experienced traders to established veterans.
AvaTrade is regulated in many of the major prominent jurisdictions around the world, with an offering that includes over 1,250 financial instruments — Forex and CFDs on cryptocurrencies, stocks, indices, commodities, bonds, vanilla options and ETFs.
As of 2020, AvaTrade boasts a client list of more than 200,000 registered traders. They execute more than 2 million trading orders each month and have a trading volume of over £60 billion monthly. AvaTrade launched operations in 2006 in Dublin, Ireland, and since then have expanded gradually all over the world. They have satellite offices across five continents, with a swathe of entities established in places like Japan, Australia, the British Virgin Islands and South Africa.
Our AvaTrade broker review will identify some advantages that attract the attention of potential clients. These include AvaTrade’s competitive spreads, a good selection of instruments, a variety of customisable trading platforms, plus their trading academy and automated trading offers.
AvaTrade uses both the MetaTrader family of platforms and their own online AvaTrade platform, as well as their own proprietary platform AvaTradeGo. They’re regulated by authorities like the Central Bank of Ireland, FSA, ASIC, BVIFSC, FFAJ, FSC and FRSA.
A long list of awards confirms AvaTrade’s success in achieving and exceeding traders’ and forex traders expectations. In 2019 alone they received: The Most Regulated Broker and the Best Forex Broker awarded by The European; the Best Forex Broker awarded by daytrading.com; and the Most Innovative CFD Broker awarded by International Business Magazine.
Safety and Regulation
The safety of a fund is a primary concern for every trader. Strong regulations thus provide a high level of trust and credibility. AvaTrade excels at this aspect, being one of the most regulated brokers in the world. In practical terms, they are regulated in each country they are active in.
AvaTrade is accredited by:
- The Central Bank of Ireland in Ireland, with the license number C53877 for AVA Trade EU Ltd
- The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) in Australia, with the license number 406684 for Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd
- The Japanese Financial Services Agency (FSA) and the Financial Futures Association of Japan (FFAJ) in Japan, with license numbers No. 1662 and No. 1574 for Ava Trade Japan K.K.
- The South African Financial Services Board (FSP) in South Africa, with the license FSP No. 45984 for Ava Capital Markets Pty
- B.V.I Financial Services Commission in the British Virgin Islands, for AVA Trade Ltd.
- Abu Dhabi’s Financial Services Regulatory Authority, in the United Arab Emirates with the license number 190018 for Ava Trade Middle East Limited. This is the first Forex broker to receive the 3A license in the United Arab Emirates allowing them to provide retail Forex trading services and professional trading services.
- MiFID II in Europe (Directive on Markets in Financial Instruments 2014/65/EU) compliant thanks to the license received in Ireland
AvaTrade provides their services to Canadian clients thanks to a partnership with Friedberg Direct, part of the Friedberg Mercantile Group which is an active member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF) and Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).
In terms of fund protection and security, AvaTrade offers segregated accounts and negative balance protection for all of their clients.
Segregated accounts mean that clients’ funds are kept in separate accounts to those of the enterprise. In the event of the company facing financial issues, the clients’ accounts will not be affected.
Negative balance protection means that a trader cannot lose more than his account balance.
Due to tougher regulations, European retail clients benefit also from a compensation scheme via the ICCL Investor Compensation Company Ltd.
AvaTrade is not a company listed on a stock exchange, so they do not make their financial information public and do not operate a bank, they do have a holding company listed in the UK which you can see via Companies House records here.
AvaTrade offers its clients a selection of over 1,250 trading assets. All instruments are CFDs, with Forex currencies, stocks, indices, commodities, bonds, ETFs, Forex options and cryptocurrencies as support, as well as spread betting assets.
In terms of variety, the number of instruments offered by AvaTrade would be considered average as compared to the rest of the market.
AvaTrade’s most popular instruments are stocks like Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and Apple; Forex currency pairs like EURUSD and USDJPY; cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and ETFs like VIX.
As of October, 2021, the AvaTrade offer comprises the following instruments:
- Forex – CFDs on 55 Forex currency pairs – majors, minors and crosses with leverage of 1:20 and 1:30.
- Stocks – CFDs on 637 individual stocks with leverage of 1:5, US stocks, UK stocks and shares of the most prominent European enterprises.
- Commodities – CFDs on 17 commodities, including precious metals, energies and agricultural products.
- Indices – a select collection of 20 of the most traded equity indices in the world, including China A50 and a Cannabis Index, with leverage of 1:10 and 1:20.
- ETFs – 5 ETFs – MSCI Emerging Markets Index Fund, S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN – Series B, MSCI Brazil Index Fund, Energy Select Sector SPDR, Market Vectors TR Gold Miners
- FXOptions – 54 vanilla options (European type calls and puts) of Forex pairs, spot gold and spot silver, with leverage of 1:20 and 1:30.
- Bonds – 2 bonds: Euro-Bond and Japan-Govt Bond with leverage of 1:5
- Cryptocurrencies – 13 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin, Bitcoin Gold, Ethereum, Dash, EOS, with leverage of 1:2. When trading cryptocurrencies with AvaTrade, maximum limits for orders apply. For example, for BTC Pairs the maximum limit is $600,000.
It’s worth noting that the leverage level cannot be modified by the trader. A trader can only use the default level of leverage stated for the respective instrument.
The selection of financial instruments proposed by AvaTrade offers high diversification with a good selection of CFDs on stocks, bonds, options and cryptocurrencies. However, it does not offer the possibility to buy stocks as assets and mutual funds.
Each broker, and especially the world’s top brokers, strive to come up with characteristics that differentiate them from the competition.
AvaTrade boasts several such unique features:
- Options and AvaOptions
- Social trading
- CFDs rollover
- Spread betting
- Earning releases
AvaProtect is a brand new service which is available when using AvaTrade’s proprietary application AvaTradeGO.
AvaProtect allows you to undo a trade after a certain period of time (defined before launching the trade).
It costs a supplementary fee but does mean a trader can delete a trade within a specified interval if it enters the negative territory.
AvaProtect is essentially a sort of protection, or insurance, for a trade. You can launch a trade and purchase protection over the trade for a period of time.
After your AvaProtect expires AvaTrade will reimburse you if your order lost money. Read more about AvaProtect here.
Options and AvaOptions
One of AvaTrade’s most attractive characteristics is the ability to trade vanilla options on more than 50 instruments.
AvaTrade allows you to call options, put options, and put in place a wide variety of trading strategies based on options like strangles, straddles, risk reversals, etc.
While trading options, AvaTrade gives you the opportunity to properly manage the risks associated with your portfolio; buy options as part of a hedging strategy for risk minimization; and sell options for a profit. AvaTrade puts at your disposal any level of price that you consider appropriate and allows expiry terms from one day to one year.
AvaOptions is AvaTrade’s flawless, intuitive and user-friendly platform that allows you to trade options. It includes a series of valuable features to support options trading activity, such as portfolio simulations, risk management tools, flexible orders, trade strategies and the capacity to trade on multiple accounts, among other things.
It also has a fully customisable interface, interactive risk management and a money manager.
The social trading capacity is another interesting feature of AvaTrade. It enables traders the ability to copy trading signals or trading strategies from other successful traders.
AvaTrade provides several options of automated trading, plus trading with expert advisors through DupliTrade, Zulutrade and MQL5 Service Signals.
- DupliTrade is one of the most used platforms for social trading and is MetaTrader compatible. It allows traders to automatically follow more experienced traders and mirror their trading signals in real-time. DupliTrade is well known for its intuitive interface.
- ZuluTrade is another popular social trading platform that permits traders to copy the trades of other traders. You have the ability to select the traders that you are interested in following and their trading strategy will be automatically executed in your trading account with AvaTrade. The service is provided around the clock, together with an interface that executes trades even when a device is shut down.
- MQL5 is a service integrated with MetaTrader which can be used to subscribe to signals from traders across the globe directly from MT4.
- AvaTrade also allows traders to develop their own automated trading system and run it through their API interface, while you also have free access to AvaTrader API Libraries.
AutoChartist is a MetaTrader add-on that automatically scans the markets using a complex recognition engine in order to identify profitable trading opportunities. It has several important capabilities, like previewing how various instruments react to price movements; recognising chart patterns; Fibonacci patterns; and key levels of support and resistance.
AvaTradeGO is the proprietary platform of AvaTrade and aims to provide a simpler trading experience than any other trading platform.
AvaTrade Go comes equipped with clear charts; a comprehensive dashboard; easily understandable management tools; embedded guidance and feedback on your trading activity.
It also allows traders the possibility to manage several accounts from one common dashboard and to switch between real accounts and demo ones.
An outstanding feature of AvaTradeGO is “Market Trends”.
AvaTradeGO Market Trends allows traders to keep an eye on the social trends developing inside the AvaTrade’s community, as well as get insights on trading behaviour and what instruments are trending for buying and selling.
Watch the video below for more on the AvaTradeGO product or see it in action on the AvaTrade website, here.
AvaTrade provides their clients with CFD rollover, meaning they swap the expiring contract with a new one before the expiration day.
In short, the broker adjusts the price between the previous and the current contract. Thus, their investors face no interruptions while trading CFDs. To stop the rollover you simply close the order before the expiration date.
On the AvaTrader website, you can check in realtime the rollovers for stock indices, bonds and commodities using AvaTrade CFD Rollover.
Spread betting is a specific trading method used in Irish and U.K. financial markets (as they allow for exemptions from income tax). Spread betting is a very popular way of investing in the markets, but is high-risk, high-reward.
Essentially, a spread bet sets a certain amount per incremental movement – pip or point – for a certain financial instrument.
Because AvaTrade offers a large collection of CFDs on stocks, they also provide a complete schedule of Earnings Releases.
Essentially this is where the most prominent listed companies release their financial details. This information is relevant as it often provokes price movements in the respective stocks.
AvaTrade provides retail clients with their services worldwide, with the notable exception of the United States and jurisdictions where trading is not permitted.
AvaTrade provides support in 14 languages and ensures that traders all over the world are placed under the regulation of a prominent authority, no matter where they live.
AvaTrade does not provide clear information on their website about different account types on offer. A potential trader will need to hunt for information and pull together the different types of account from the various sections on the website.
Depending on a trader’s region of residence they may be able to access several different types of accounts, however overall the offer of types of account is limited. Essentially, AvaTrade’s offering is composed of a Retail Account and a Professional Account for the residents of the European Union. For non-EU residents, however, only the Retail Account is available. Residents of Ireland and the United Kingdom have a supplementary option for a Spread Betting Account.
To qualify for a Professional Account, a trader must:
Possess a portfolio of €500.000 minimum. Have relevant experience in the financial industry – minimum one year in a related field to trading. Be able to show significant trading activity in the past year with at least 10 transactions per quarter.
he major difference between the Retail Account and Professional Account is the size of the leverage. For the Retail Account, the maximum leverage available is 1:30 as per European regulations. For the Professional Account, leverage may reach 1:400.
The difference between the regular Retail Account and the Spread Betting account is essentially based on the manner of measuring the size of orders. The other conditions – costs, leverage and access – are the same for both accounts.
The execution of orders is processed via the AvaTrade dealing desk for all accounts. Spreads are variable for all types of accounts. All styles of trading are approved, including hedging, automated trading, scalping, etc.
Muslim traders may also opt for an Islamic Account, which functions under the rules of Sharia law. Essentially this means swaps are not charged or paid on this type of account. The Islamic Account also does not allow crypto trading, has fewer FX currency pairs available and tends to have higher spreads.
Opening an account with AvaTrade is a simple and easy process, very similar to those used by other top Forex brokers.
To open an account you just need to follow the instructions below and provide the requested data:
- Enter your email, chose a password and click on “Create My Account”
Complete your name, phone and email address, or use an existing social profile on Google or Facebook
- Answer a short questionnaire concerning your trading experience
- Verify your identity by uploading an ID card, passport or driving license and prove your residency via a bank statement or utility bill
Usually, the verification procedure is smooth and there a decent chance of having your account opened and verified on the same day.
Once your account is approved, you will be able to fund your trading account and begin trading.
AvaTrade – Open Account
AvaTrade – Sign-Up and open an account
With AvaTrade you are given the option of opening a demo account which takes just a few clicks to set up.
On the main AvaTrade page find the button “Open Account” and choose the option “Demo Account”. An open demo account has a validity of 21 days and maybe extended if you contact the support department. It is loaded with $100,000 worth of virtual funds.
Before choosing AvaTrade as your broker, we highly recommend trying a demo account to test the quality of their services. It’s highly recommended to do this with any broker you might be interested in, as the demo account is an exact mirror of a real account.
When you’re trading in financial markets, the quality of your broker’s services makes or breaks your success. This is why you should clearly establish the criteria that your broker should meet based on your own goals and experience.
If you are just beginning as a trader then it should be compulsory to use a demo account to get a feel and better understanding of what trading really involves in financial markets. Trading is a high-risk activity. It has huge profit potential, but you may also lose all your invested funds. That’s why it’s always better to learn the basics first, use a demo account for training and get used to trading financial instruments. Demo accounts are free and you can learn without risking your capital.
Be patient, learn as much as you can and practice as much as you can. When you’re comfortable then you can begin trading on a real account with small steps. Always use only the funds that you can afford to lose.
One top priority of any trader is to reduce the costs of their trading activity. A crucial step is thus to pay attention and choose a broker with competitive fees for spreads, swaps, margins and any other costs that may be incurred.
AvaTrade is transparent concerning the spreads and other fees that apply on their platform. You can find all this information in the section of their website dedicated to Financial Instruments. AvaTrade charges spreads and have no commissions for trading positions. AvaTrade has variable spreads that modify depending on market conditions. Spreads also vary depending on the financial instrument.
Typical spreads of AvaTrade are average in comparison with their competitors and start from 0.09 pips. For example, for EUR/USD the average spread under normal market conditions is 0.9 pips. The contract specifications for EUR/USD are presented below:
Besides spreads, CFD positions are subject to overnight interest or swap. If you have a position that remains open over the weekend, you will be charged a 3-day swap on Wednesday. At this moment, the swap for EUR/USD is -0.0118%.
Trading commodities on AvaTrade’s Retail and Pro accounts have spreads as per specifications, with lower spreads and higher leverage for the Pro account. Here are the specifications for gold:
AvaTrade gold specifications
AvaTrade gold specifications.
Costs for trading CFDs on stocks with AvaTrade are average compared to the market, with typical spreads starting at 0.13% for most popular shares. AvaTrade does not charge commissions. For example, check the specifications of Amazon stock:
AvaTrade Amazon stock
AvaTrade’s spreads for cryptocurrencies are the same for both types of accounts. However, the margin requirements and leverage are far more favourable when using a Professional account. Spreads, for example, start with 0.35% over-market for Bitcoin.
AvaTrade BTC/USD example
It is also worth noting that with AvaTrade you can trade cryptocurrencies 24/7 on MetaTrader accounts. The maximum limits imposed for positions are as follows:
BTC Pairs = $600K Max*
XRP = $250K Max*
DASH = $10K Max*
ETH = $400K Max*
BCH/ LTC = $200K Max*
Palladium = $400K Max*
BTGUSD/ Stellar (XLMUSD)/ MIOTA/ EOS/ NEO = $50K Max*
CRYPTO10/ CANNABIS_IN = $100K Max*
AvaTrade does a fantastic job of explaining in detail, and with examples, how spreads, interests, overall costs and margins for a transaction are calculated for Forex pairs; AvaOptions; indices; individual equities; bonds and ETFs.
AvaTrade charges inactivity fees of $50/€50/£50 after three months of inactivity (no order placed). After a year of inactivity – 12 consecutive months with no transaction opened – an administration fee of $100/€100/£100 will apply.
Deposits and Withdrawals
AvaTrade does not charge fees for deposits or withdrawals, but fees may be charged by some payment processors.
To deposit/withdraw funds, a client has the following options:
Bank wire (wire transfer)
AvaTrade, unfortunately, doesn’t have more details about these means of payments on their website. However, you will find more details in your personal AvaTrade account. Generally, the means and methods of depositing/withdrawing money will depend on your country of residence.
In general, clients reported that deposits are processed on the same day, whilst withdrawals may take up to three days.
In accordance with worldwide regulations and recommended for online trading, when withdrawing money clients should use the same method they used to deposit their funds. It’s worth noting that AvaTrade does not process deposits/withdrawals for third party accounts.
It should also be noted that traders should consider opening a trading account in the same currency as their bank account to avoid supplementary expenses with currency conversion fees. Additionally, traders may also choose to use multi-currency accounts opened with online financial institutions that offer better currency conversion fees.
The process to deposit/withdraw funds from your AvaTrade account is similar to that used by other brokers:
Log-in into your client account on the AvaTrade website;
Navigate to the Deposit/Withdraw funds section;
Choose a method for deposit/withdrawal;
Write the sum you want to deposit/withdraw and execute it.
AvaTrade deposits and withdrawals
AvaTrade deposits and withdrawals
AvaTrade requires a minimum deposit of 100 EUR/GBP/USD/AUD. For a bank transfer deposit, a minimum of 500 EUR/GBP/USD/AUD is required.
This offer is in line with most major brokers in the industry and is set at a level that most traders can afford.
AvaTrade is primarily a MetaTrader broker, and its offer of trading platforms includes:
- MetaTrader 4 – MetaQuotes Software platform
- MetaTrader 5 – MetaQuotes Software platform
- AvaOptions – Trading platform for options developed by AvaTrade
- WebTrader – Trading platform, used for web trading
The most used trading platform on earth, MetaTrader 4 is usually the first preference for traders of all levels of skill and experience.
MetaTrader 4 comes with all the usual default features and, depending on their strategy, brokers can add supplementary functionalities to help improve the trading experience of their clients. AvaTrade provides MetaTrader 4’s versions for desktop and mobile.
AvaTrader MetaTrader 4 benefits:
- Intuitive interface
- Highly customisable
- Includes trading signals from reliable providers
- Stable, fast and flexible
- Discloses advanced charting features with 24 graphic objects and analytics capabilities
- Includes Guardian Angel – a risk management tool designed to provide personalized feedback and to help you improve your trading performance
- Algorithmic trading via expert advisors
- Offers 30 built-in indicators and the possibility to add your own customized trading tools
- Includes helpful scripts and libraries
- Incorporates 4 types of pending orders
- One-click trading feature
- News streaming and internal mailing system
MetaTrader 5 is the sister platform of MetaTrader 4, but an updated and improved version. Built on MQL5 – MetaQuotes Language 5 – this is an advanced trading platform equipped with auto trading systems, powerful analytics tools and copy trading capabilities.
AvaTrader MetaTrader 5 advantages:
- Most powerful trading platform available
- Intuitive interface
- Offers access to an unlimited collection of assets
- High level of security
- Stable, fast and flexible
- Disclose advanced charting features with 37 graphic objects and improved analytics capabilities
- Includes Guardian Angel – a risk management tool designed to provide personalised feedback
- Allows algorithmic trading via expert advisors and copy trading
- Offers 38 built-in indicators and custom indicators
- Includes multi-threaded strategy tester
- Includes helpful scripts and libraries
- Permits funds transfer between different accounts
- Incorporates 6 types of pending orders
- One-click trading feature
- News streaming and internal mailing system
AvaOptions – AvaTrade AvaOptions Trading Interface
AvaTrade – AvaOptions
AvaTrade proposes options as trading instruments, and thus it follows that they also have a platform dedicated to option trading. AvaOptions is the interface developed by AvaTrade to launch and manage transactions with options.
The important features of AvaOptions are:
- Over 50 instruments available for options trading, particularly Forex pairs and precious metals;
- User-friendly and fully-customizable interface;
- Relevant and interactive risk management tools including a risk simulator;
- Flexible order types – stop and limit orders etc.;
- 13 options strategies available;
- Demo account available; and
- A series of graphics of risks, payoffs and volatility curves for a better understanding of the trading context.
Check the video below to get an idea on how the AvaOptions platform works:
AvaTrader’s Web Trader is delivered by MetaTrader and is the fastest way to trade – without installing any application – from a normal browser window, anywhere in the world.
The main advantages of Web Trader are:
- Highly customisable interface
- An array of analytics tools
- Support in 41 languages
- Free and clear reporting
- Basic order types available
- Trade based on real-time market sentiment
- AvaTrade WebTrader – Trade directly in your web browser
- AvaTrade WebTrader
Mobile Trading Platforms
Trading on the go has become a common practice in these modern days of mobile phones. Consequently, most brokers provide mobile trading apps and AvaTrade is no exception.
The mobile platforms of AvaTrade are:
Their proprietary app AvaTradeGO
The mobile version of MetaTrader 4 for iOS and Android
Both apps may be downloaded from Apple App Store or the Google PlayStore.
AvaTrade’s purpose-built mobile app has an intuitive and advanced user interface offering an overview of your account summary and open positions at a glance.
You can get instant access to real-time feeds; social trading opportunities; charts and advanced trading features and you also have the possibility to use the multiple accounts management feature.
The AvaTradeGO app also comes with built-in guides, educational videos and support chat that teaches you how to use the app at its maximum potential. Overall it has a fancy design, but is available only in English.
AvaTradeGo app – AvaTrade
MetaTrader 4 for Mobile
If you prefer using a familiar platform and not dealing with a new one, you can alway count on the mobile version of MetaTrader 4.
It essentially contains all the most valuable features of the desktop platform.
Configure Trading Accounts
Setting up your account for trading with MetaTrader is easy.
After your account is approved by AvaTrade you will receive all the credentials needed to login to the platform.
Before doing so, however, you will have to download the MetaTrader 4 platform or the MetaTrader 5 platform (whichever you prefer). They are available on the AvaTrade website in the respective sections of the Trading Platforms tab. Once either file is downloaded, you will then need to run the .exe file and follow the instructions to install the platform.
After the platform is installed, launch it and use your credentials to log in. From here you can now choose the instruments you find interesting for trading, parameter your charts as per your convenience and pick the technical indicators to support you in the analysis.
AvaTrade excels in the training and education area, as they offer an extensive library of written resources and video content for all traders.
AvaTrade does a tremendous job of presenting in detail the financial instruments they offer. The instruments are presented in categories and each of them has supplementary information regarding its history; factors that have a major influence on the respective instrument; how and why to trade the instruments and why to choose AvaTrader as your broker.
The following categories of instruments are highlighted:
- Forex Trading – includes sections explaining what is Forex, what are Vanilla options and all the currency pairs proposed EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, etc.
- CFDs Trading – includes sections explaining what are CFDs, indices trading, bonds trading, ETF trading, stock trading and commodities trading.
- Cryptocurrency Trading – presents details for Bitcoin trading, Ripple trading, Litecoin trading etc.
AvaTrade’s educational resources are organised as follows:
- Trading for beginners – a lengthy library of written tutorials presenting beginners with a basic outline of the trading activity in financial markets. Answers questions like “What is currency trading?”, “What is the Stock Market?”, “What are financial derivatives?”, “What is a trend?”, “What is technical analysis?”, “What are trading styles”, and many others.
- Professional trading – covers a range of advanced topics like trading with candlestick patterns, Forex risk management strategies, Elliott Wave theory, Pivot Points trading strategies, Bollinger Bands Indicator and trading strategies, Keltner Channel Indicator and trading strategies, RSI trading strategies, etc.
- eBooks – if you prefer reading eBooks instead of articles, you have the option to download all the information that covers the basics of trading in one hit via AvaTrade’s detailed eBook offering.
- Blog – AvaTrade has an updated and insightful blog created by its team of financial experts. The blog is updated daily with articles that detail the current situation of the market, fundamental analysis on various instruments, special reports, etc.
- Trading videos – a solid collection of over 50 video tutorials that address subjects like spread betting, the Gartley pattern, reversing markets, introduction to the oil market, trading before and after figures, economic indicators and Central Banks, MetaTrader 4 video tutorial, stop loss and limit orders, etc.
- Order types – a detailed presentation of orders you can use in your trading activity, including market orders, pending orders, one cancels the other orders, take profit and stop-loss orders.
- Sharp Trader – this is AvaTrader’s premium educational site that is dedicated exclusively to AvaTrade customers, where you can find a rich collection of articles, videos, daily news, tutorials and trading tools.
- Webinars – Free weekly webinars for Fundamental Analysis
Economic indicators – presents detailed resources about economic indicators, types of economic indicators, examples of economic indicators, Euro indicators, US indicators, etc.
AvaTrade training videos
AvaTrade training videos
AvaTrade offers its clients a selection of research tools. On the AvaTrade website, there is an Analysis section which explains briefly and clearly the concepts of Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis and Sentiment Analysis.
The AvaTrade blog also offers daily insights on the current market situation from a fundamental and technical point of view. On the AvaTrade Youtube channel, several videos are published daily with current events, analysis, market overviews and trading opportunities, plus masterclasses as well from time to time.
To further support its customers’ activity, AvaTrade also provides functional tools like an Economic Calendar and Trading Calculator.
Overall, the research tools and analytics avenues of AvaTrade are good enough to satisfy even the most experienced traders.
Most traders don’t pay much attention to the customer support area when choosing which broker to use. However, when issues occur, fast and reliable response from client service becomes paramount, otherwise, a broker error could result in lost opportunities or financial loss.
You can reach AvaTrade’s support system anytime during trading hours, via email, phone and chat. Their support service is provided in over 15 languages by native speakers, all over the world.
AvaTrade’s customer support team has a fantastic reputation. For example, via live chat, the support team answers in seconds and usually provides pertinent and helpful responses.
AvaTrade has also created a well-structured and highly detailed Help Center that answers Frequently Asked Questions.
AvaTrade is present on social media channels:
Through which they can be easily contacted.
Bonuses and Promotions
Depending on which jurisdiction you are using AvaTrade you may or may not get bonus offers or promotions.
Within some jurisdictions, the promotion of bonuses and promotions are permitted. If they are not, you will not be able to access a bonus. Therefore, if you are within a region that allows it, from time to time you may come across an offer.
For example, in March 2020, a St. Patrick’s Day AvaTrade promotion took place. A spread reduction of 10% was offered for four days from March 17th to March 20th for stocks that have headquarters in Ireland – e.g. Facebook, Google and Microsoft.
When signing up to AvaTrade a Welcome Bonus is offered to retail clients in certain jurisdictions, to claim a Welcome Bonus simply enter the AvaTrade partner code “128979” into the “Have a Partner Code” field.
“Global” license AvaTrade Welcome Bonus offer
AvaTrade “Global” Welcome bonus promotion.
A thrifty trader can take advantage of these promotions when they’re offered. The partner code AvaTrade offer is the sign up offering or “Welcome Bonus” the additional offers and deals are given to existing customers of AvaTrade.
AvaTrade prides itself on a remarkable collection of awards for its success in the trading world.
Their recent list of awards include:
- “Most Regulated Broker”, “Best Forex Broker”, “Best Bitcoin CFD Trading Provider of the year”, “Best Affiliate Programme” awarded by The European between 2014 and 2020
- “Best Forex Broker” awarded by Daytrading in 2019
- “Most Innovative CFD Broker, UK” awarded by International Business Magazine in 2019
- “The Best Forex Broker, Portugal” awarded by Rankia in 2019
- “Best Affiliate Programme”, “Best Trading Experience” awarded by Fxdailyinfo.com between 2017 and 2018
- “The Most Trustworthy Broker, China” awarded by FX Eye in 2018
- “Best Forex Broker”, “Best Broker: Most Reliable”, “Best Educational Broker” awarded by FXEmpire between2011 and 2018
- “Best Dealing Room”, “Best Affiliate Programme” awarded by JFEX Awards between 2014 and 2017
- “Best Financial Derivative Trading Provider”, “Best Alert System”, “Best Affiliate Programme,” awarded by Arabcomgroup AG between 2008 and 2016
- “Best Forex Broker” awarded by Forextraders in 2015
- “Best Forex Broker” awarded by the Grand Prix De La Confiance in 2015
- “Most Innovative Forex Broker Europe” awarded by the Global Banking & Financial Review in 2013
- “Best FX Affiliate Programme” awarded by Forex Magnates in 2012
- “Best Trading Platform – Global” awarded by the WORLD FINANCE: Exchanges and Brokers in 2011
- “Best Execution Broker, Western Europe” awarded by the WORLD FINANCE: Exchanges and Brokers in 2011
- “Excellence Award Forex” awarded by IBTIMES Trading Awards in 2011
- “Best Forex Broker” awarded by the World Finance Foreign Exchange Awards in 2010
- “Best Customer Support” awarded by Daily Forex in 2009
- “Best Alert System” awarded by Money Summit in 2009
AvaTrade offers a satisfying trading experience for everyone from beginner traders to professionals looking to diversify their investments with Vanilla options and a wide range of stocks, ETFs bonds, commodities and cryptocurrencies.
AvaTrade is a multi-award winning service sustained by competitive prices, a world-recognised trading platform and a comprehensive educational library. It is a great candidate to satisfy your trading requirements.
AvaTrade is one of the top Forex brokers in the world.
Their high-quality services, wide offer of financial instruments, adaptable platform offer and education centre make them stand out among their competitors.
This AvaTrade broker review recommends it as a highly regulated broker in jurisdictions around the world and a suitable provider for financial markets enthusiasts, newbies or advanced users.
Is AvaTrade a Good Option For Me?
The person best qualified to answer this question is you. Whether or not AvaTrade is the right broker for you depends on your trading goals, your personal preferences and your own trading criteria.
AvaTrade has much to offer to advanced traders that appreciate social and automated trading. If this sounds like it’s something you’re after, then AvaTrade might well be your best option.
AvaTrade Review - 6 Reasons You Should Trade with AvaTrade
Comprehensive AvaTrade Review - AvaTrade is Licensed in 6 Juristrictions! Get all the ups and downs in our full AvaTrade Review to you to decide.
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Windows 7", "Windows 10", "OSX 10.6", "Android 1.6", "iOS"
Application Category: Trading Platform